I’m going to give the tl;dr (too long; didn’t read) first for everyone before I get into this post so that if you want to stop reading you’ll at least get the gist of what I’m going through. So far, the month of January – spanning the past decade or so – has decidedly delivered life’s vicious kick to me square in the crotch:
- January 2010 – severe allergic reaction to medication which covers almost my entire body
- January 2010 – Bunsen’s hip is bad and he has to go in for surgery
- January 2011 – I was rear-ended in my Jeep and it had to go in for major repairs. The repairs were pretty shoddy and gas kept leaking from the tank and it almost killed me.
- January 12, 2012 – Admitted to the hospital for a hear attack on a Friday. Had to spend the weekend there because all the surgeons left for the weekend.
- January 16, 2012 – Released from the hospital after my heart attack
- January 16, 2013 – I had to put down my best friend and companion of over 15 years, Farley
- Janury 2014 – Wife had moved out of the house. The pets and I were alone. HVAC goes kablooey and we’re trying our best to stay warm by stoking the fire in the fireplace.
- January 04, 2015 – Was told by a close very friend that she has cancer and is dying
- January 15, 2015 – Was served my divorce papers. That was an unwelcomed surprise.
I’m not looking for a pity party. On the contrary, I am trying as hard as humanly possible to stay positive about things and work through it all but sometimes I think the universe looks at me and thinks that I’m a lovely porcelain toilet to take a major crap on.